It is critical that the gaming industry process billions of events, in real time, each and every day of the year. In addition, the industry must ensure consistent, reliable stream data processing and real-time monitoring to ensure seamless game play interactions and backend analytics. Many gaming deployments run globally with millions of users demanding 24-7-365 service, with anything less than this resulting in customer attrition.
These requirements are not only demanded for hardcore and blockbuster games, including massively multiplayer online role-play games (MMORPG), first-person shooters, and multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBA), but also for mid-core and casual games. Also, reliable and scalable real-time integration with consumer devices, like smartphones and game consoles, is as important as cooperating with online streaming services like Twitch and betting providers.
Given the expectations and demand placed on the gaming and gambling industry Kai Waehner of Confluent is delivering an online talk in which you will learn how event streaming with Apache Kafka and Confluent Cloud provide a scalable, reliable and efficient infrastructure to make gamers happy and gaming companies successful.
By attending you will hear about a range of use cases and architectures, including
· Real-time analytics, telemetry, and data correlation of gaming events
· Monetisation networks for real-time advertisement and “in -app” purchases
· Real-time financial fraud detection and cheating
· Chat functions in games and across-games
· Monitor the results of live operations like weekend events or limited time offers
· Real-time analytics on metadata and chat data for marketing campaigns