This interactive whiteboard presentation discusses use cases leveraging the Apache Kafka® open source ecosystem as a streaming platform to process IoT data. The session shows architectural alternatives of how devices like cars, machines or mobile devices connect to Apache Kafka via IoT standards like MQTT or OPC-UA.
Learn how to analyze the IoT data either natively on Apache Kafka with Kafka Streams / KSQL or other tools leveraging Kafka Connect. Kai Waehner will also discuss the benefits of Confluent Cloud and other tools like Confluent Replicator or MQTT Proxy to build bidirectional real time integration from the edge to the cloud.
Watch now to:
- Understand end-to-end use cases from different industries where you integrate IoT devices with enterprise IT using open source technologies and standards
- See how Apache Kafka enables bidirectional end-to-end integration processing from IoT data to various backend applications in the cloud
- Compare different architectural alternatives and see their benefits and caveats
- Learn about various standards, APIs and tools of integrating and processing IoT data with different open source components of the Apache Kafka ecosystem
- Understand the benefits of Confluent Cloud, which provides a highly available and scalable Apache Kafka ecosystem as a managed service