Just as the Apache Kafka Brokers provide JMX metrics to monitor your cluster's health, Kafka Streams provides a rich set of metrics for monitoring your application's health and performance. The metrics to observe for a given use-case of Kafka Streams will vary significantly from application to application. Learning how to build and customize monitoring of those applications will help you maintain a healthy Kafka Streams ecosystem.
- An analysis and overview of the provided metrics, including the new end-to-end metrics of Kafka Streams 2.7.
- See how to extract metrics from your application using existing JMX tooling.
- Walkthrough how to build a dashboard for observing those metrics.
- Explore options of how to add additional JMX resources and Kafka Stream metrics to your application.
- How to verify you built your dashboard correctly by creating a data control set to validate your dashboard.
- Go beyond what you can collect from the Kafka Stream metrics.