Just as the Apache Kafka Brokers provide JMX metrics to monitor your cluster's health, Kafka Streams provides a rich set of metrics for monitoring your application's health and performance. The metrics to observe for a given use-case of Kafka Streams will vary significantly from application to application. Learning how to build and customize monitoring of those applications will help you maintain a healthy Kafka Streams ecosystem.
- An analysis and overview of the provided metrics, including the new end-to-end metrics of Kafka Streams 2.7.
- See how to extract metrics from your application using existing JMX tooling.
- Walkthrough how to build a dashboard for observing those metrics.
- Explore options of how to add additional JMX resources and Kafka Stream metrics to your application.
- How to verify you built your dashboard correctly by creating a data control set to validate your dashboard.
- Go beyond what you can collect from the Kafka Stream metrics.
Neil Buesing has presented at Kafka Summit London 2019 and Kafka Summit San Francisco 2019. He was accepted to Kafka Summit London 2020 and leads up the real-time data practice at Object Partners, Inc.